A small and friendly restaurant offering authentic Italian cuisine
What we like
- You can start with "Burrata Pugliese" Creamy mozzarella from Puglia served with panzanella salad (bread, red onions, green beans, baby plum tomatoes and fresh basil)
- Among the main courses, we recommend "Carbonara Calabrese" (Penne served with pancetta, nduja (spicy Calabrian sausage) and egg sauce topped with pecorino sardo flakes) and "Orecchiette con cime di Rapa" (Ear shaped pasta tossed with sprouting broccoli, anchovies, garlic and chilli on a bed of Puglian white broad beans puree)
- Among the main courses tasted "Branzino delolo Ionio" (Pan fried sea bass fillet served on a bed of creamy Puglian white broad beans, sprouting broccoli and homemade lemon flavoured oil) and "Brasato di Cinghiale" (Very slow cooked diced wild boar in tomato sauce served with Puglian white broad beans mash)
- The desserts are homemade; very good are "Tiramisù" and "Semifreddo al Pistacchio" (made with Pistachio cream from Bronte in Sicily)
- The pizzas are all good; taste the "Tarantella Esplosiva" (Half folded pizza stuffed with nduja and D.O.P. Dolcelatte and topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, olives and salame)
To know more
- In the restaurant you eat only Pasta "De Cecco"
- Owners, Giuseppe and Nico, have studied in the school of Italian cuisine
- The menus are seasonal and will only find fresh Italian products
What to do and see around
Chiswick House; St Nicholas Church;
How to reach us
The District line crosses Chiswick, the London Underground stations are (east-west): Stamford Brook, Turnham Green, Chiswick Park and Gunnersbury
Bus routes (27, 65, 94, 190, 237, 267, 272, 391,440, E3 and H91) and two all-night services (N9 and N11). Three services run 24 hours a day (27, 94, 65)
TREBBIANO IGT ABRUZZO 175ml £ 4.25 £ 14.95
A fresh and fruity wine enjoyed young.
PINOT GRIGIO LE PIANURE 175ml £ 4.95 £ 17.95
A fine example of Pinot Grigio with soft,
delicate fruity aromas and a refreshing un-oaked finish.
SAUVIGNON BLANC £ 4.95 £ 18.95
Soft, easy drinking wine. Aroma of gooseberry,
lime, sage and green peppers.
VERDICCHIO DOC ANFORA £ 19.95
A delicate wine with a fresh and crisp aroma of fruit
and flowers and an “almondy” aftertaste.
FALANGHINA TABURNO DOC £ 24.95
Crisp nose with citrus and white peach. Soft, rich
palate of peach, apricot, soft vanilla, some minerality
and a good crisp acidity.
GAVI DI GAVI DOCG £ 29.95
Aroma of acacia blossoms, peach and apple
with hints of almond. Fresh with a long finish.
SANGIOVESE IGT ABRUZZO £ 4.25 £ 14.95
Aroma of red mature fruit and delicate
spicy notes with hints of plum and tobacco.
CABERNET SAUVIGNON £ 4.50 £ 16.95
Aroma of mature fruit with herbal hints
and delicate spicy notes.
MONTEPULCIANO D`ABRUZZO £ 4.95 £ 17.95
Generous aroma of red fruit and delicate
NEGROAMARO IGT PUGLIA £ 21.95
Fresh and fragrant Negroamaro with a strong aroma
of ripe black cherry. Six months in oak barrels.
CHIANTI DOCG VILLA SILVIA £ 23.95
Intense fruity aroma with notes of violets.
Traditional Tuscan basket flask.
AGLIANICO BENEVENTANO IGT £ 26.95
Complex bouquet of wild fruits and herbs.
On the palate it is persistent and well balanced.
BARBERA MONFERRATO PODEJ £ 39.95
An intense cherry flavour, neat tobacco scents and
Hints of cocoa and vanilla. Complete and elegant.
BARDOLINO CHIARETTO 175ml £ 4.95 £ 17.95
Intensely fruity wine with hints of wild berries.
PROSECCO 125ml £ 4.50 £ 24.50
HOUSE CHAMPAGNE £ 26.95
TATTINGER £ 49.95
PERONI NASTRO AZZURRO £ 3.55
COCA COLA, DIET COKE £ 2.00
LEMONADE, TONIC WATER, £ 2.00
STILL OR SPARKLING WATER £ 2.50
ORANGE, APPLE, PINEAPPLE £ 2.00
SPIRITS: Whisky, Gin, Vodka, 25ml £ 2.50
Martini, Campari, Rum